It is going to be great...... I think....


            I have wanted to go on this trip since last year. I had the opportunity last year to go when another student had backed out. However, I was not able to get everything lined up in time to go. This has been a long time coming to say the least. I needed to have my last upper general education class and I had already taken Humanities 301. I absolutely loved it! I love Professor Karn and I love Frankenstein. I was completely oblivious to the real Frankenstein story until that class. When this travel course was offered, I just knew I had to go. I am anxious, excited, and nervous about this trip. I am anxious to get away and see the City of Mardi Gras. I want to experience traveling by the train and see the scenery. I am excited to learn about everything the culture has to offer. I am nervous to leave my kids for a full-week. The longest I have been away from them was this past August for two days. Those two-days was for a concert at Wrigley to see my all-time favorite band. I have never done anything like this without my children. I know that I will get to facetime them and talk on the phone with them daily (if they want to). I know that they are in good hands and will love having their grandfather in town and staying with them.
            I think this trip is going to be a great learning experience for me. Opening myself up to the cuisine, music, and arts. I have a love for food. I am trying to be more open to different cuisines. I know that Cajun food is a lot of seafood and what I would call more exotic type of food then I am use too. Music has always called to me. I listened to all genres of music. If it has a good beat and sounds good, to me, I’ll listen. Anything from the Temptations, Otis Redding, Elvis, Pearl Jam, Reba, Shania Twain, The Maine, Mayday Parade, Breaking Benjamin, Beethoven, to Job For A Cowboy. The rhythm, beat, and lyrics have a way with the mind, body, and soul.
            I not only hope to learn, eat, and experience New Orleans with our class, but with our free time I hope to go and adventure out to different local spots to listen to the live music, and eat great food. I wish that I had been able to go last year because numerous of my friends had been able to go. This year I do not know any of the students going. This of course will not stop me from having a good time. Life and our experiences are what we make of it and I plan to make new friends and have a great time. I am looking forward to the week full of new experiences. I want to indulge in the Beignets from Café du Monde, sip on drinks at Molly's at the Market, stroll through the French Market, shop around the old antique stores that are talked about on Royal St. I want to visit the WWII museum if the government shut down is over. I also want to sway to some music at the House of Blues. 
Local Events Calendar Found at: House Of Blues

Image result for new orleans house of blues 

                                      House Of Blues

Comments

Popular Posts